Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Dear Austin, How I love thee


I want to be passionate about something. Living in the same place that I've grown up and been in for two decades sort of sucks the passion and excitement out of most things. The city isn't dull, and I feel like I've gotten to know some really great people here and established a thick network of friends BUT I want to move and experience a new city, new country, and new lifestyle. However, I'm forcing myself to be patient while this undergraduate degree ensues... In the mean time I can focus on what I love about Austin to get me by. Here are the reasons that when I leave Austin after my undergrad work at Saint Edwards I know I'll always be back at some point.

1. Austin has numerous, fabulous healthy places to fuel the body. Daily Juice, Sun Harvest, Whole Foods--what will I do without these places one day?

2.Everyone in this city is laid back. You can roll out of bed wearing your pajamas to the coffee shop and no one will give a damn or look twice your way.

3.This city is beautiful. The day when I can't run on the hike and bike trail at Lady Bird Lake or swim at the springs for my morning work-out will be a sad one.

4. DIVERSITY. Okay, I went to Austin High and I'm the type of person that likes swimming with every fish in the sea by my side. East side, north side, south side and west side, every part of the city has something unique and charming to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment