Sunday, September 20, 2009

My ACL Rebound

ACL isn't happening for me this year. Choosing not to go this year will break my six year streak of attending the festival, but I don't mind too much. I've seen Kings of Leon a few times and I'm sure Karen O. is amazing live, but not worth scrounging the 60 bucks for her and the other small bands playing on Friday. Oh, but the big kicker for me was that there will be no Lily Allen at the festival as originally planned.

What I'm really stoked for this year is FunFunFun Fest. It's at Waterloo Park and the idea of a music festival in November is appealing to me on many levels. No sweaty dancing bodies or or sun burns to worry about. Plus, it's a lot more affordable than ACL. If you're a student and you buy tickets in September they're only $67 for the weekend (regular priced weekend wristbands are $75/ $45 for a day). This turns out to be a pretty good deal with 90+ bands playing.

I'll tell you  who I'm most excited to see...
Photobucket

Mikey Rocks and Chuck English of The Cool Kids playing on Saturday evening.

What's really awesome about the festival is that each of the four stages are organized by the genre of the artists that will be performing on them: indie, punk, singer/songwriter, and dance/hip-hop. The festival is November 7th and 8th. See you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment