Monday, December 7, 2009

Barbara Ann Kipfer: An Enlightened Writer


Gift shopping at BookPepople yesterday at I stopped in the self-help section and remembered how much I love Barbara Ann Kipfer's books. I gave her first book, 14,000 Things to Be Happy About to a friend as a gift, and recieved Self-Meditation a book with 3,299 mantras, tips, quotes and koans for peace and serentity in return a few years later. I love the book, and read from it almost daily.

Kipfer has a Phd in Buddhist Psychology among other subjects and writes from a wonderfully enlightened perspective. What's great about her books is that they are full valuable wisdom yet simple, sharp, and to the point, making them readable almost anywhere. If you haven't read any of her books, I suggest this be the season to purchase one for yourself, or for a friend since they make fabulous gifts.

If books aren't your gift of choice, I suggest you check out Kipfer's cleverly designed website, offering pockets full of wisdom and advice. Plus, Kipfer even has nifty igoogle gadgets for you to read about happiness, self-meditation, wisdom and more on a daily basis from your google homepage.

No comments:

Post a Comment