Sunday, December 6, 2009

Me and Orson Welles Premiere: The Paramount


This may be a little dated but still worth mentioning. Last Monday The Paramount premiered Me and Orson Welles to an eager audience. Actors Zac Efron, Christian McKay and director Richard Linklater were in attendance. Pre-movie and on the red carpet there was naturally a handful of young girls waiting for Efron's presence, however the amount of calm fans evened the scene out.

While Efron signed autographs and snapped photos with fans in his trendy black leather jacket and boots, McKay was busy working his charm. "I think I'm the only actor that was asked to lose weight to play Orson Welles!" "I put up a picture of Zac in front of me while I was on the treadmill." While McKay posed for pictures for the press, proudly sporting a 'hook em horns' hand the fans truly appreciated the quality actor's sincereity.

Equally as charming and interesting, was director Richard Linklater, who is from Austin. "When people say welcome back I say, I never left!" Linklater, who is the head of the Austin Film Society, spoke about his appreciation for the type of environment Austin offers to the film scene as a whole. "Austin has such a literate population."

The film played quickly after the short and sweet red carpet premeire, and it did not disappoint. McKay made acting as Orson Welles stubborn and powerful character look easy, while Efron broke hearts with his love for actress Claire Dane's character in the film. Overall, I'd say the film may be Oscar-worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment